We also know, Frigidaire is a trusted and popular brand that is known for its efficiency. Like any other home appliance, Frigidaire dishwashers can occasionally have problems and malfunctions. Some common problems that can occur with Frigidaire dishwashers include the dishwasher not turning on, not filling with water, not draining, or not cleaning dishes properly.
As a homeowner, you should know how to troubleshoot and reset the dishwasher by yourself, this will save your money to repair through professionals. Becuase many of these issues can be resolved easily and quickly by yourself. I will provide you detailed information of how it work, as well as step-by-step instructions for troubleshooting and resetting the Frigidaire dishwasher.
How Frigidaire Dishwasher Works
Frigidaire dishwashers are designed to clean dishes by using water, detergent, and heat. The main part of a Frigidaire dishwasher is the wash arm, which sprays water and detergent on dishes, the spray jets help to distribute the water and detergent evenly, and the filter traps food particles and debris.
The dishwashing cycle is simple as other dishwasher like pre-wash, wash, rinse, and dry. During the pre-wash, water and detergenth have to add in the dishwasher to remove any large food particles from the dishes. During wash process the majority of the cleaning complete, as the wash arm sprays water and detergent on dishes, while the spray jets help to distribute the cleaning solution evenly. The rinse cycle removes any remaining food particles and detergent from the dishes, and the dry cycle help to dry the dishes.
Some high tech Frigidaire dishwashers have display panel that indicates problem occurring. It help you to look into problem that could be expensive in the future. Knowing a problems is first step but as a homeowner, you should be aware about troubleshooting and fixing common issues with your Frigidaire dishwasher. Basics of troubleshooting any issue is to consult the user manual, as different models may have slightly different instructions. However, there are some basic troubleshooting steps that can be taken to resolve common issues with Frigidaire dishwashers.
1. The dishwasher not starting
- Ensure dishwasher is properly plugged in and that the circuit breaker or fuse has not tripped.
- Make sure that the dishwasher’s door is closed and latched properly.
- Control lock feature Should not be engaged. If it is, then separate it by holding the control lock button for 3 seconds.
- Check the power cable is connected properly and not loose. Also check for wiring break.
2. The dishwasher not filling with water:
- You should check water supply valve is turned on. This valve control the flow of water. If it’s not open then dishwasher will not fill with water.
- Check the water supply line. If the line is blocked, it will not allow water flowing into the dishwasher.
- Inspect the float switch. The float switch is located in the base of the dishwasher and use for sensing the water level in the dishwasher. If the float switch is stuck in the raised position, it will prevent water from entering the dishwasher.
- Check the water inlet valve. This valve controls the flow of water into the dishwasher, and if it’s clogged or damaged, it can prevent water from entering the dishwasher. If the valve is blocked, clean it, and replace, if it’s damaged.
3. The dishwasher not draining:
- Look into the dishwasher’s garbage disposal or drain hose. If it is blocked, use a plumbing snake or manually remove the debris to clear the blockage.
- Make sure the dishwasher’s filter is clean. It should be clean and not clogged. Remove the dirty and clogged filter and thoroughly wash it.
- Pumps for draining water should be inspected, cleaned, and not clogged. If the drain pump is clogged, remove the clog and clean it.
- The air gap is useful for prevent dirty water from flowing back into the dishwasher. Check the air gap. If it is sealed, clean it.
4. The dishwaser not cleaning dishes properly
- Make sure that the dishwasher is load properly, and dishes placed in the appropriate racks.
- Also, check the detergent dispenser is not clogged and correct amount of detergent is being used.
- Check the spray arm, it should rotate freely. If it’s not, remove it and clean properly.
- Inspect the water pressure, it should perform proper cleaning.
- Check the water temperature, it should be hot enough, so that dishes can clean.
5. The dishwasher making noise
- Dishes should not touch each other, because it will make a noise in working.
- Check the spray arm, it should rotate freely and not clogged. Remove it and clean it thoroughly.
- Inspect the water inlet valve and check the mounting bracket, it should not be loose. Fix it so that the dishwasher will not make noise.
How to Reset Your Frigidaire Dishwasher
Above we discussed problems and their solution to troubleshoot your Frigidaire Dishwasher. Now we’ll help you to resetting the dishwasher so that you can clear any error codes, restore the dishwasher to its default settings, and clear any temporary issues that may be stopping the dishwasher from working properly. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to reset your Frigidaire dishwasher:
- Press and hold the “Start” button for five seconds to reset the control panel. This will clear any error codes and restore the dishwasher to its default settings.
- To reset the electronic controls or to reset after power outage, unplug the dishwasher for five minutes, then plug it back in. This will clear any temporary issues and allow the dishwasher to start fresh
- If the reset does not work, you should directly call to call a professional for help.
It’s important to note that resetting the dishwasher should be done as a last resort, after all the basic troubleshooting steps have been taken. Also, it’s always best to consult the user manual before attempting any repairs, as different models may have slightly different instructions.
Troubleshooting and resetting a Frigidaire dishwasher can often resolve common issues and get the dishwasher running properly again. By understanding the basic components and functions of the dishwasher, as well as following the proper troubleshooting and resetting steps, homeowners can save time and money by avoiding unnecessary service calls. By following the above instructions and tips, you can keep your Frigidaire dishwasher running smoothly for a long time. If you are still facing any issues, please consult the professional.
Frigidaire’s website offers more information and support for their dishwashers. There are many other helpful articles or videos available online that provide additional tips and instructions for troubleshooting and resetting Frigidaire dishwashers.
I'm a licensed home maintenance contractor with over a decade of experience, dedicated to preserving your home's value. My expertise includes roofing, gutter installation and repair, fencing, pool maintenance, deck and patio construction, plumbing, appliance repair, lawn care, painting, garage doors, windows, sump pumps, and steam heating systems.